Next up on season 32 of “Dancing with the Stars” is “Whitney Houston Night.” Only seven couples remain before week eight and the finale is just around the corner.
All signs point to the November 14 episode being great, and voting will be more important than ever at this stage of the competition.
According to the FAQs on the DWTS voting websiteThe season 32 finale of “Dancing with the Stars” will air on December 5th. The site also noted that the show airs every week without missing anything in the final stages of the competition.
This means the semi-final episode will air on November 28th. ABC has also announced that the week 9 episode airing on November 21st is Taylor Swift Night.
Here’s what you need to know:
Week 8 votes will be cast online and via text
ABC reveals that Billy Porter will be a guest judge on “Whitney Houston Night.” The remaining seven couples from Season 32 will all perform performances to many of Houston’s iconic songs. Additionally, all but one couple will experience a second dance toward the end of the evening.
“Dancing with the Stars” fans can vote to keep their favorite couple by both texting and visiting dwtsvote.abc.com.
Week 8 voting is possible as performances begin in the Eastern and Central time zones. The voting window closes during the commercial break after the final performance of the evening.
Viewers can vote up to 10 times per couple using the online option, as well as up to 10 times per couple via SMS.
To vote via text message, “Dancing with the Stars” fans must text the contestant’s first name to 21523.
“Dancing With the Stars” couples are tasked with a range of genres to Houston’s songs
The individual dances and songs for “Whitney Houston Night” are:
- Jowsey and Arnold have the Viennese waltz that they will dance to “I Have Nothing.”
- Mraz and Karagach dance a samba to the song “Higher Love” by Kygo and Whitney Houston.
- Hannigan and Farber dance a contemporary piece to Houston’s “Greatest Love of All.”
- Gomez and Chmerkovskiy chose the Houston song “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” for their tango.
- Williams and Murgatroyd play rumba and dance to “Didn’t We Almost Have It All.”
- Lawson and Chigvintsev also have the Viennese Waltz. Her performance will use Houston’s “I Will Always Love You.”
- Madix and Pashkov will dance a paso doble to “Queen of the Night.”
Dance-Off spoilers reveal songs and pairings
In addition to the individual dances each couple performs, there will be a dance competition on the Nov. 14 episode of “Dancing with the Stars.” Since Madix and Pashkov received the highest score in Week 7 and “Music Video Night,” they are not required to participate.
However, fans should keep in mind that Madix and Pashkov are not immune to elimination in Week 8.
In the dance-off competition, the remaining “Dancing with the Stars” couples compete against each other in groups of two. The two couples will perform the same dance style to the same song at the same time.
The judges determine a winner for each match and the winning pair of each round receives three extra points. Madix and Pashkov receive an additional three points as they are excluded from the dance-off competition.
- Jowsey and Arnold compete against Hannigan and Farber in their rumba. Her Houston song is “One Moment In Time.”
- Mraz and Karagach face Williams and Murgatroyd. Their song is “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay,” and they’ll both be playing a salsa.
- Gomez and Chmerkovskiy will face Lawson and Chigvintsev. They will perform the cha-cha to Houston’s “So Emotional.”
Stacy Carey has been a freelance writer focusing on reality TV and celebrity news for more than a decade. She writes extensively for “The Bachelor,” “Hallmark,” and “Dancing With the Stars.” More about Stacy Carey