FUMING residents have complained that their neighbor hasn’t demolished his £300,000 “eyesore” monster mansion.
Angry locals in Willenhall, West Midlands, want it destroyed after the council granted an order to demolish the property.
Gurwinder Singh had received an extension to his home in 2020, but instead he demolished the building and built a new four-bedroom property.
However, in 2022 he was served with an enforcement notice calling for the building to be destroyed.
Walsall Council confirmed the order to demolish the property after rejecting an appeal from Mr Singh.
But despite the enforcement notices being served, the building is still standing.
Neighbors have since raised their concerns, saying the building is an “eyesore” and a “persistent problem” for those living on the street.
Resident Cliff Stevenson, who is aliveabout the building said it was causing “continuous problems.”
He told that Express & Star: “It was a constant problem. You have now erected the wooden wall, which has created a confusing corner here in the curve. We haven’t had any incidents yet, but it’s terrible.”
“It also created a bit of a youth problem – we had kids climbing over the fences and taking the bricks. It was just a constant problem.”
Electrician Jason Dunn added: “It really is a bit of an eyesore, isn’t it?”
“We’re a bit further along, so it’s not really a big problem for us. But you know – if it’s not up to code, that’s a problem.”
“You can see the top of the roof there, they don’t have any ridge tiles on it, which can be really dangerous. If one of these falls in high winds, it could really hurt someone.”
His neighbors had previously hailed the ruling as a “victory for common sense” and condemned the “selfish and inconsiderate” homeowner for flouting the rules.
One local compared it to a “travel lodge in the middle of a housing estate”.
Another said: “What the hell was he thinking?”
The council has warned it could enter the property to carry out the work and be reimbursed for the costs if the enforcement notice ordering the demolition continues to be ignored.
A council spokeswoman said: “If the owner is still in breach of the enforcement notice after the final deadline of April 7, 2024, the council will refer the case to the court.”
Mr Singh’s next deadline for removal of all underground works has been set for December 7.
The final deadline, meanwhile, is April 7, 2024, when the council will take the case to court if the owners are still in breach of the regulations.
In an earlier interview with The Sun Online, Mr Singh revealed that he spent his savings building the house for himself, his wife and their two daughters.
He says he “suffered from anxiety and depression” during a three-year “planning nightmare.”
Mr Singh, who speaks Punjabi, believes he is being bullied and “exploited” because of his nationality and difficulty with the English language.
He said: “I am contesting the building appeal decision. I am devastated that it went against me and will do everything I can to save my new home.”